Pastor Thomas Costello spoke on Luke 6:20-26. He talked about being blessed.
20 Looking at his disciples, he said:
“Blessed are you who are poor,
for yours is the kingdom of God.
21 Blessed are you who hunger now,
for you will be satisfied.
Blessed are you who weep now,
for you will laugh.
22 Blessed are you when people hate you,
when they exclude you and insult you
and reject your name as evil,
because of the Son of Man.
23 “Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their ancestors treated the prophets.
24 “But woe to you who are rich,
for you have already received your comfort.
25 Woe to you who are well fed now,
for you will go hungry.
Woe to you who laugh now,
for you will mourn and weep.
26 Woe to you when everyone speaks well of you,
for that is how their ancestors treated the false prophets.
QUESTIONS FOR FURTHER THOUGHT & APPLICATION:
- What interesting things stuck out to you from the text?
- What can we learn about Jesus from this passage?
- Did something you were familiar with actually CHANGE as you dug deeper into this passage?
- What were some questions you have now that you have looked deeper into the passage? Do you have someone you can ask these questions? (Feel free to contact any of our Staff…we’d love to help!)
- What can we learn about living our lives FOR Jesus from this passage?