Pastor Julie Haack spoke on Luke 9:28-36. She talked about The Transfiguration, while teaching about a great method of Bible Study called, “THE ROAD”. When Pastor Thomas introduced her before speaking, he mentioned that each of the staff has specific gifts and teaching styles, and it is never more obvious than in this sermon! What a joy it is that God uses different leaders to preach His Word in such unique ways. We hope you are able to learn something new from this passage and also open your heart to what God has to say to you….
Here are the photos Pastor Julie used near the end of the sermon in her story of her own “Mountain”:
28 About eight days after Jesus said this, he took Peter, John and James with him and went up onto a mountain to pray. 29 As he was praying, the appearance of his face changed, and his clothes became as bright as a flash of lightning. 30 Two men, Moses and Elijah, appeared in glorious splendor, talking with Jesus. 31 They spoke about his departure,[a] which he was about to bring to fulfillment at Jerusalem. 32 Peter and his companions were very sleepy, but when they became fully awake, they saw his glory and the two men standing with him. 33 As the men were leaving Jesus, Peter said to him, “Master, it is good for us to be here. Let us put up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah.” (He did not know what he was saying.)
34 While he was speaking, a cloud appeared and covered them, and they were afraid as they entered the cloud. 35 A voice came from the cloud, saying, “This is my Son, whom I have chosen; listen to him.” 36 When the voice had spoken, they found that Jesus was alone. The disciples kept this to themselves and did not tell anyone at that time what they had seen.
Questions for Further Thought and Discussion:
- What is your experience with Bible Study. Do you have a method you use often that is similar to the ROAD or was this brand new to you?
- After hearing and studying this passage, what interesting things stick out to YOU from it?
- What questions do you still have from the story? Talk them through with your group and leader….
- This passage also describes Jesus in ALL HIS GLORY. Have you ever experienced Jesus in such a powerful way? Describe it.
- Pastor Julie applied this passage to her life by seeing it relate to how God moved in her on a trip that changed her whole view of herself. How would you apply this passage to your own life?