STRONG WOMEN LIFT EACH OTHER UP
The women of the Journey are called to walk with each other through their lives and encourage one another to get closer to Jesus every day.
Click here to email a Pastor and they will contact you to help you get better connected with the awesome women in our Journey church family!
Check Us Out
The Women and Kids of the Journey are amazing. We want to celebrate their unique talent and beauty. Each week we will feature a member of our community so we can get to know each other better. We will ask for a fun photo of you and ask you some questions so we can get to know you better!
- Do you have a nickname?
- Hmmm. A co-worker started calling me E* Bomb. Lots of people call me Em. My mom calls me Emmy Bug or Baby Llama. So, I suppose my answer should’ve just been, “yes.”
- Do you have a hobby?
- Finding deals and bargain hunting.
- What is something you are proud of?
- The relationships I have in my life. I believe God has blessed me with an ability to relate easily with others. And has placed some amazing people in my life.
- What does your life look like during quarantine?
- Great question. It’s a bit of a hot mess with a sprinkle of productivity here or there. Actually, I am finishing up my accelerated Masters, so I spend a lot of time researching, writing, and doing class. I started a show on Facebook Live called Crazy Coupon Kitchen that I film on Fridays. Walks to Lake Monona, and experimenting more in the kitchen. Lots of banana bread! And different zoom events of phone calls with people.
- What is your favorite color, word and thing to do for fun?
- Blue/Purple. Love the sound of the word melancholy. Fun= anything that involves being in water.
- Tell us one thing that makes you unique!
- I was raised Mormon but officially left the church when I was 16 and accepted the Lord at Foursquare Church in my hometown of Billings, MT.
WHO IS AMY SCHMUDLACH?
- Do you have a nickname?
- Ames, Amers, but mostly just Amy!
- What are your hobbies?
- Reading, anything outside (camping, canoeing, biking, hiking, I love it ALL)
- What is something you're proud of?
- I became a co-director of a group in Madison called Free Forest School a few months ago. It's basically a playgroup that meets outside in the woods! It's super fun and the group has grown a lot since my friend and I took over.
- What does your life look like in Quarantine?
- Playing outside, going for walks/bike rides (which have gotten way more exciting since the ice cream shop on the bike path opened!) some Zoom calls to stay connected. Basically trying to keep 3 little humans entertained!
- What's your favorite color?
- Favorite word?
- Favorite thing to do for fun?
- During quarantine it has been walking to my favorite coffee shop for donuts every weekend!
- What is something that makes you unique?
- I hiked to the basecamp of Mt. Everest a few years ago (AKA the bottom of the actual mountain. It took us 3 weeks because you have to acclimate to the high elevation!)
SHOW YOUR STUFF
At the Journey, the Women, Moms and their Kids are always surprising us with their talent, creativity and abilities. We want to celebrate all that is being made in our Journey family, especially as we are all Sheltering-In-Place. Let's see what you have created!
Share anything you or your child are cooking, sculpting, making, painting, baking, coloring....we want to see it all!
Share anything you or your child are BUILDING! Are you building with Legos? Blocks? Are you sewing something? Doing a home project? Show us your builds...
KEEPING IT FUN
During this time of the Safer-At-Home initiative, we want our Journey Women and Moms to be able to feel confident staying in and still having a good time with our other Journey friends and their own family. This section is dedicated to any and all resources for fun things to do online to keep all of us entertained, informed and able to gather together! Use the Form below to SUBMIT YOUR IDEAS so we can keep this page fresh!
- San Diego Zoo
- Smithsonian National Zoo
- Houston Zoo
- Reid Park Zoo
- Folly Farm
- Edinburgh Zoo
- Zoos Victoria
- National Aquarium
- Aquarium of the Pacific
- Musée du Louvre
- Musée d’Orsay
- National Museum of Natural History
- Vatican Museum
- Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery
- Tokyo Fuji Art Museum
- National Museum of the United States Air Force
Have Suggestions to Bring Women Together?
Want to share ideas for how to keep the Women or Moms of the Journey more connected?
Do you have resources you would like to share with us?
Fill out the form and submit it!
Pastor Julie will receive it and pass on your info, and we'll be sure to implement your ideas with YOUR help!